Friday, April 26, 2013

On Apologies and Being Brave

I'd like to start this blog post with an apology. My last entry here was posted two months ago. When I started working for the corporate world again, I ran straight into the arms of a busy life, for real. Somebody once told me I have all my time in my hands when I was still working from home. But I have to admit that I am quite in love with my current busy life.



I love to write. Literally. I love pens, papers and notebooks. I started writing stories when I was in grade school. And I love telling stories. I love talking.

But I realized, that what really inspires me and gets me excited, is people. I love people. I am passionate about people. 

I love people because not only that I love telling them my stories, but more than that, I love hearing what they say. And in the process, I also get to understand myself better.

So it has been three months since I started working again. And one thing I recently noticed about myself is this unconscious compulsion to say sorry for every single thing. There is an unnecessary thought in my head that I am always responsible for the feelings of the people around me. 

And I don't like making people feel uncomfortable when they are with me. I'd rather be the one that feels uneasy or alone. I can manage with that. But in the long run, I am sending a message to myself and to other people that I am always less important. 

And here's the truth: I don't want to live in that kind of life anymore.

Today, I stood up to someone and said NO to something that I am not happy about. I don't feel like doing it. But I did. And I made it!

It was brave. And I am sorry that I am not sorry for doing it.

But here's the point: you need to stop apologizing for your life and consistently regarding others first. 

Because everything you do matters - YOU matter. 

The world doesn't need your apology.The world simply needs you. 

1 comment:

  1. great post! very inspiring..
    anyway, i have an on-going blog giveaway and i hope you can join! http://raellarina.blogspot.com/2013/07/big-20th-birthday-blowout.html

    ReplyDelete