Monday, August 19, 2013

Today

Today, a monsoon hits the Philippines. For the first time in seven months, I wasn't able to go to work.

As I am writing this, I just finished cleaning up the flood in my room.

Today may be a great day for others specially for students who are celebrating because they don't have school. But for many, it isn't great especially for the homeless and those who are leaving near the waters. I hope that all of us are saying a prayer for these people.

As for me, I realized today that I am done. Or maybe I have realized these a few days ago already, or a few weeks or months back, but today, I have finally admitted that I am done.

Done holding on to baggages. Done caring about opinions of other people. Done wanting to please everyone. Done holding on to people who do not want to stay. Done judging and hating and hastily condemning. Done overthinking and overanalyzing.
I am still really messed up but now I am living in the light of a hope and promise that I can always start over.
Because the sun will always shine after the rain. What a great consolation!

No comments:

Post a Comment